Who doesn’t enjoy Instagram? It is the only photo-sharing network around and provides endless hours of networking and photo-sharing fun for all. It currently ranks as the 2nd top social media site out there. Facebook is the number one site. These bits of information may be common knowledge, but perhaps the 17 facts below are not. Learn these facts and put each of them to use to discover how to get more likes for Instagram photos.
- Instagram is owned by Facebook. It cost Zuckerberg’s team a cool one billion to acquire the site. There are sharing tools with each site to help you spread the word that you’re posting for the world to see.
- Stats report that posts that use 15 or more hashtags earn a 23% better engagement than photos without hashtags. Put those hashtags to good use and get more eyes on your photos.
- People love to post IG photos of their travels, but it seems that many people head out to Times Square more than anywhere else. It is the most popular location on the site.
- Most users are between the ages of 18 – 30.
- Most Instagram users are outside of the U.S. Believe it or not, 70% of account holders are registered outside of the US. India, Brazil, and Indonesia are the most popular countries outside the U.S. for IG users.
- Most IG users check in at least one time each day.
- There are around 80 million photos uploaded to the site each and every day!
- Videos are nice and all but if you really want to attract attention on this site, you should stick to photos. Most users prefer photos over videos!
- Love is one of the most popularly used hashtags on the site.
- You can buy likes for the site if you’d like. It is legit, lots of people do it and it has great rewards. You can buy followers, too.
- Most fashion brands have an active Insta account. This includes the names that you know and love and perhaps even follow yourself. Those luxury brands and the brain that everyone loves!
- Use natural lighting in as many of your photos as possible. Not only does it enhance the photo and create more appeal, it also shows the natural colours!
- Make sure you are active. Remember that out of sight, out of mind pertains to social media very well.
- Instagram began the filter craze and it only continues to improve and get better. Use these filters to enhance all of your photos and they’re bound to create more interest and likes, too.
- Know when to post your photos to increase engagement. Most people find that posts made between 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. weekdays fare better than other posts. This does vary from one industry to another, however.
Go ahead and use this information to increase like for Instagram. It is easier than you thought possible, isn’t it?